I am now 39 (and have been for over a month – where has the time gone?) so it’s time for a 38 Things Final Report!
38 Things is a list I created of 38 activities I wanted to do while I was 38. Some things on the list were affected by the pandemic and lockdown so were changed.
So first up let’s look at what I completed…
38 Things Final Report
- Visit Hobbiton
- Take my son to the place where he was born
- Visit Wellington Zoo
- Meet some Kiwi dogs (that belong to Kiwi friends!)
- Look for beach treasures on Wellington’s South Coast
- Soundtrack of 38 – I love putting these together and listening to them. I choose a song from each month of my birthday year.
- Summarize the decade
- Celebrate hubby’s 40th
- Celebrate the kiddo turning 10
- Make plans for my 39th (pretty low key but I had a lovely cozy day!)
- Figure out Pinterest (as a blogger) – I’m not always consistent but I have an idea of what I’m doing now!
- Host Kiwi Xmas
- Visit Harry Potter Studio Tour with friends and see the Gringotts extension – I went twice!
- Take part in and record A Day in the Life
- Finish reading the Harry Potter books with my son
- Spa Day – my spa day is still postponed but I did treat myself to a haircut, reflexology and pedicure over summer instead (like an extended spa day!)
- Take a creative class – I did a Valentine’s Mandala Dot Painting class in February
- Get a dishwasher (so pleased we got this done finally!)
- Spend time outside celebrating each Solstice & Equinox – love this reminder to follow the seasons
- Visit Silverstone
- Finish rainbow-ing the back fence and gate
- Submit NZ Story to a publisher/agent – I did send an enquiry – it was unsuccessful but that’s okay – I tried!
- Make reusable kitchen towels
- Do some kind of learning/course on writing – I took part in the Freelance Summit in June and took several courses and attended webinars about freelance writing
- Take a make-up lesson
- Document our New Zealand trip – I wrote a blog post. Would have loved to make a photo book as well but didn’t get to it.
Go to the Isle of Skye– this didn’t happen due to the pandemic so I changed it to Get a Logo for Find the Good Everyday CollageI changed this one to Home-Learning with the kiddo during lockdown. Visit the V&A Museum– I changed to Take Part & Record a Week in the Life. Make candles/soap– I changed this to Learn to Sew with Stretch Fabric and took a knicker sewing class in July plus I’ve purchased a course to continue learning. Ride a horse– I changed it to Rehome a Dog
Norfolk– didn’t make it as far as Norfolk so I changed it to Mersea Island instead! FinishNZ Story – I changed this to Work on NZ Story as part of Camp Nanowrimo
50times – I changed this to 35!
These are the activities that didn’t get done…
- Get Published and Paid (carrying over to the next list)
- Visit the remaining Tiptree Tearooms
- Move to a mostly whole foods diet
- Reach 1k IG Followers (carrying over to the next list)
This 38 Things Final Report has been a while coming and it feels like such a long time ago. Overall – I am pleased with how it went – especially with the extenuating circumstances that are 2020!
Coming up – I’ll share my 39 Things Before I’m 40 list. I’ve already ticked some things off!