I’ve been meaning to share my 38 Things progress for a while now. Today I want to share what I’ve achieved and the items still in progress. I will also have a follow-up post sharing my plans for the remaining items.
38 Things aged 38 is a list of activities that I want to do while I am 38. My birthday falls in October so I have 4 months to go. Some things on the list have been affected by lockdown so I need to decide if they are still achievable.
You can see the list in its original format here.
So first up let’s look at what I’ve managed to complete and tick off…
38 Things Progress – Completed Items
- Visit Hobbiton – this was one of the many highlights of our NZ trip
- Take my son to the place where he was born – we saw friends from our antenatal group too!
- Visit Wellington Zoo – a firm family favourite
- Meet some Kiwi dogs (that belong to Kiwi friends!)
- Look for beach treasures on Wellington’s South Coast – we were able to stay right on the coast which was amazing!
- Summarize the decade (I did this in my Bullet Journal rather than as a blog post)
CollageI changed this one to Home-Learning with the kiddo during lockdown. I wasn’t excited to collage when I had time to do it so I changed it
- Celebrate hubby’s 40th – there was cake, presents, decorations, singing and videos of his nearest and dearest wishing him a happy birthday!
- Host Kiwi Xmas – we‘ve been doing this annually since 2016
- Visit Harry Potter Studio Tour with friends and see the Gringotts extension – loved it!
- Take part in and record A Day in the Life – you can see that here
Visit the V&A Museum– this one was unlikely to happen so I changed to Take Part & Record a Week in the Life. You can see the blog posts about it here and I also completed a paper scrapbook for a keepsake as well.
- Finish reading the Harry Potter books with my son – we did it!
- Take a creative class – I did a Valentine’s Mandala Dot Painting class in February
Ride a horse– I don’t think this will happen this year – I might carry it over to next year. So I changed it to Rehome a Dog (which we’ve done and he’s settling in)
- Visit Silverstone – husband had a (running) race there in November and we all went
- Make reusable kitchen towels – and we are using them!
- Take a make-up lesson – it wasn’t a ‘formal’ lesson but my lovely friend Liz gave me lots of pointers and I’ve been watching some online videos as well.
38 Things Progress – I will get these done!
These activities are in progress and I am confident they will be done…
- Soundtrack of 38 – I’m adding a song each month
- Get a dishwasher – we are in the process of getting quotes for the plumbing and electrics to be done
- Spend time outside celebrating each Solstice & Equinox – 3 down, 1 to go
- Finish rainbow-ing the back fence and gate – Have you seen the rainbow fence of dreams hashtag on IG? It’s all been painted once – some bits need a second coat
- Document our New Zealand trip – I wrote a New Zealand Happy List. I also want to create a video made up of 1 second snippets (I’ll use the 1SE app in Freestyle mode). And I’m keen to get a photo book
That’s 18 things complete and another 5 items in progress. I’ll be back soon to share more about my plans to complete the remaining 15 items.