The first daddy-long-legs have made their way in, the leaves are turning and I’ve started wearing extra layers – Autumn is here! So today I thought I’d share 5 ways to embrace Autumn days.
5 Ways to Embrace Autumn Days
- Get outside as much as you can – it helps to have layers and raincoats handy with the changeable weather! Enjoy the Autumn scenery and the crisp air. And take advantage of any sunshine and blue skies we get before the darker months of Winter.
- Make a list of things you want to do to celebrate the season. You could:
- Cook/bake with seasonal ingredients
- Create a nature table/tray/display filled with conkers, acorns & multi coloured leaves
- Have a pyjama day
- Watch some Autumn themed TV or movies
- Try a new hobby or craft…you could learn to knit/crochet and make yourself a scarf ready for Winter!
- Come up with some season specific self care ideas (I wrote a post about this recently)… what do you need this Autumn to take care of yourself? Here are some ideas:
- Regular early nights
- Using a good hand cream
- Creating a vision board
- Making an Autumn playlist
- Trying some Cozy Yoga
- Make a list of all the things you LOVE about Autumn and make time to enjoy those things.
- Think of something you’d like to focus on this season (like a goal or intention) and schedule some time regularly to work on it. Imagine how good it will feel at the start of Winter if you’ve committed to it over Autumn. Examples include:
- A new exercise schedule
- Keeping a gratitude journal
- Having regular ‘me time’ to do what brings you joy
- Reading up on a subject that interests you
- Getting back into a favourite hobby
Which of these suggestions will help you embrace the Autumn days?
What are your favourite things about the season?
Helping you Embrace Autumn Days
I’ve just released some items in my Etsy shop which are designed to help you make the most of the season:
The Autumn Days Guided Journal is available in paper and digital format and provides lots of prompts that build on the suggestions above to help you celebrate Autumn.
It has plenty of space for:
- setting seasonal goals
- making plans
- exploring what you love about Autumn
- helping you make the most of and find the good in the season
- creating an Autumn playlist (of seasonally themed music, TV, movies and books)
- writing your own Autumn activity list
- planning some seasonal self care
- and capturing your memories of the season
See the DIGITAL version here.
And the PAPER version here.
The Autumn Days Self Care Kit has been created to help you embrace Autumn and focus on cozy self care.
Each item has been carefully made and chosen to help you find joy in the Autumn days. All items are vegan friendly. And it includes:
- A handmade Zipper Pouch in an Autumn fabric
- Lavender Bath Salts/Foot Soak – made with lavender grown and harvested in my garden
- Autumn scented candles
- Colouring sheets and pencils
- Seasonal drinks and snacks
- Autumn themed stickers
View the SELF CARE KIT here.
You can also purchase the journal and self care kit together at a special price.
The Find the Good Everyday Gratitude Journal is a handy A6 sized journal printed in rainbow colours with space for 31 entries.
This is a great starter for developing a regular gratitude practice. Why not try it every day for a month and see how it feels?
Each page offers space to write the date and list 3 things you are grateful for (feel free to squeeze even more in!). There is also a prompt on each page to help you if you’re stuck for ideas – flick through the prompts until something resonates.
See the GRATITUDE JOURNAL here.
I am planning to create similar items for each season so please consider marking the shop as a favourite so you can see items as they are released.
Wishing you a wonderful Autumn!