Today I want to share some ideas for Celebrating International Women’s Day which is taking place this week, on Friday 8th March.
I love to find ways to find the good in everyday life and I also enjoy using the themes of special days of the year to help with this. A lot of these ideas could work any day of the year for celebrating women and those in your life but why not start this week by celebrating International Women’s Day?
Ideas for Celebrating International Women’s Day
Get Involved with the Campaign
For more information about International Women’s Day why not visit the website. The theme for this year is #BalanceForBetter with the tagline “better the balance, better the world”. You could:
- Search to see if there are any local events you could attend
- Upload your own #BalanceForBetter image to social media using the hashtags #IWD2019 and #BalanceForBetter
- Check out the resources available to raise awareness
Donate/Volunteer to a Women-specific cause or charity
Do you have a charity or cause specific to Women that you want to support? If not, why not take some time to look for one you could help in some way. Some ideas include:
Celebrate YOUR Women
Who are the important women in your life? Your role models, those that support you, your friends and family members or even colleagues? Take some time to show your appreciation to them:
- Take them out for a coffee
- Bring them some flowers (check out my quick, easy and low-cost RAK idea featuring a £1 bunch of daffodils and a decorated jam jar!) or a small gift
- Reach out and contact them – a phone call, a handwritten note, a text or email (especially if you’ve not spoken to them for a while)
Which Women Inspire You?
Which women do you admire? Who’s Instagram feed inspires you regularly? Who is doing something you love? Why not take some time to think about and celebrate Women who inspire you.
- Gather some photos or quotes from women that inspire you (I posted some inspirational quotes by women I admire last year)
- You could create an inspiration board (I shared my Inspiration Wall a while back)
- Or use an inspiring quote to create a wallpaper for your phone so you see it regularly
Show Your Support
There is some amazing merchandise available to show your support of women. Here are a couple of examples which give some proceeds to charity…
- MuthaHood’s Lilac Strong Girls Club tee with £5 from each sale going to Tommy’s
- Joanie’s Women Power tee with 10% of proceeds going to The Pankhurst Trust
I’d love to hear how you are celebrating International Women’s Day. Or if you have any other suggestions to add to this list.
Happy International Women’s Day!