Today I am sharing FTG30 days 1 to 5 (Find the Good in 30 Days).
If you haven’t already – please read my recent post about this project and how it will work.
To receive blog posts direct to your inbox click here (you can always unsubscribe after April if you only want the FTG30 posts…but I hope you’ll stick around!
Monday 1st April – Gather & Get Ready
Today is FTG30 Day 1 and your task is to gather supplies and get ready for the next 30 days.
What you will need:
- Notebook/paper – I’m a fan of A5 lined notebooks and you can usually pick these up inexpensively
- Pen – find one you like to write with and keep it with your notebook ready to go
- Your Diary/Calendar/Schedule – I want you to find 5-10 minutes each day. And schedule yourself a daily reminder to check the blog or Instagram and complete the activity.
- Intentions – take a few moments to jot down what has attracted you to FTG30. How would you like to feel by the end of the month? What are you hoping to get out of your participation? And if you’d like to share these thoughts with me – please do so! You can email me at this link or private message me on Instagram.
- Over the course of FTG30 we will be creating a list of things that make us happy and we will be recording gratitude daily (more on that tomorrow). You may want to mark out a few pages of your notebook for each of these activities so you can keep it all together. If you mark them with a bookmark or page marker it will be easy to find them when you need to.
- Have a think about which day of the week would be best for spending a little longer on your activity. The Self Care prompts are scheduled each Sunday and I’d encourage you to take up to an hour (maybe more!). If Sunday doesn’t work for you which day will? You can always swap the days around to suit your own schedule.
- That’s it – you’re ready to go!
Tuesday 2nd April -REFLECTION – Gratitude Practice
Today’s theme is Reflection and today’s activity is to build a Gratitude Practice.
I’ve been keeping a gratitude journal for many years and I’ve spoken about it more here.
During these 30 days I want you to commit to a gratitude practice. At the end of each day come up with at least 1 thing you’re grateful for (I like listing 3 to 5). Write it down with the date in your notebook. That way at the end of the month you can look over all the things you’re grateful for.
If you need a reminder – set one on your phone or leave a post-it on your bedside table saying “GRATITUDE!”
Wednesday 3rd April – ENVIRONMENT – Declutter
Today’s theme is Environment and today’s activity is Declutter.
I’ll take a guess that you either feel excited at the prospect of today’s activity…or you just groaned out loud!
There are so many benefits to decluttering (I shared my favourites in this post).
Have a think about which areas of your home could do with a sort-out. Perhaps make a list in your notebook. And then take 5 mins to tackle one small area. I find that doing this often leads to more decluttering. But if you’re really not feeling it today stop after 5 minutes!
Some tips if you’re not sure how to get started:
- Choose a small space like 1 shelf or 1 corner.
- Work out what it’s purpose is…is it where you store stationery? Or photo albums for instance. (I wouldn’t start with a junk drawer!)
- Remove everything from the space and give it a dust/clean.
- Only put back the things that belong there.
- Throw away (straight away) or add anything you don’t want anymore to a donation box
- Put away anything that doesn’t belong in the correct space.
If you come across any treasured items that you’d like to display keep them to one side as we will be creating a special space for them later in the month.
Thursday 4th April – INSPIRATION – Who Inspires You?
Today’s theme is Inspiration and today’s activity is Who Inspires You?
Each week we will be looking at inspiration for creating a happier and healthier life.
Today I want you to think about who you know personally and virtually that inspires you…
Start writing down some names in your notebook. And if no-one immediately springs to mind come up with a list of attributes you want to work towards to feel happier and healthier.
In a couple of weeks time we will be gathering quotes and images along this theme.
- If you use Instagram – who’s images do you love?
- If you read blogs – who has a wonderful way with words?
- Are there any celebrities you aspire to be like?
- Who are your idols?
- Can you remember any quotes that you’ve found that speak to you (if so – google them and jot them down in your notebook)
- Who in your personal life inspires you regularly?
Friday 5th April – HEALTH – Hydrate
Today’s theme is Health and today’s activity is Hydrate.
I’m sure we all know that drinking water has great health benefits. But sometimes it’s difficult to drink enough.
How much water do you drink each day? Or other beverages?
Here are some ideas for upping your hydration…
- Start the day with a cup of hot water and a wedge of lemon
- Get yourself a drink bottle and make a habit of carrying it with you through the day
- Set hourly alarms to have a glass of water
- Try some fun flavourings – berries, cucumber, mint, lemon, herbs
- Drink a glass of water before or with each meal
- If you use a paper planner/diary/bullet journal why not draw a little tracker in it and tick off each time you drink a glass-worth of water.
Choose one of these ideas and try it today. You could track your water intake each day this month if you’re keen to improve it.
And please do share any ideas you have for increasing water intake in the comments below!
And that’s FTG30 days 1 to 5!
I hope you are finding this useful. Are there any particular activities that you’ve enjoyed or you are keen to do? Feel free to pick and choose which ones to participate with.
I’ll be back in a few days with more activities. And in the meantime, feel free to pop over to Instagram for a chat or leave me a comment here.