Today I want to share some ideas to Find the Good Everyday. These are split into quick ideas, free ideas and easy ideas. They are all activities that I have done or regularly do and they have helped me to feel happier, healthier and in balance.
I’ve previously talked about the routines I have in place to help me find the good everyday which you can read here. Some of these things feature on this list. But there are some brand new ones here too!
- Spend 2 minutes giving your teeth a really good brush. Your teeth will feel so clean and it’s a quick way to take care of your teeth and gums! I’d recommend buying an electric toothbrush with a timer
- Meditate – use an app like headspace or insight timer and take 5 minutes out of your day to chill
- Do 1 small job you’ve been putting off and tick it off your list (my one this week was figuring out how to return shoes I’d ordered online that were the wrong size)
- Bust out some yoga moves (try this 7 minute Yoga for Adriene Boost practice)
- Smell something uplifting! I am a big fan or peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils – I usually keep a bottle handy to sniff when I need a boost
- Wake up 5 minutes earlier in the morning to do something that will help you start the day right – journalling, exercise, a longer shower, drink hot water and lemon. Pick something that helps you wake up and feel happier
- Get outside – take 10 minutes to take a walk around the block
- Write a list of things that make you happy
- Plan to do one of the things on your happy list this week
- Create a playlist with songs that you adore and love singing/dancing along to
- Get close to nature – find a park, beach, river or woodland to explore
- Visit your local library and find something inspiring to read. Make time to do some reading before the book is due back!
- Create a bedtime ritual to prompt sleep (I leave my phone outside the bedroom, light candles and spend time reading to encourage sleep)
- Keep a gratitude diary and write down at least one thing every day that you are grateful for
- Invest in a hand cream you love and moisturise your hands at the end of each day
- Take yourself on a date – go somewhere you’ve always wanted to go and enjoy it
- Commit a random (or not so random) act of kindness. There are some ideas HERE.
- Reach out to someone – send a text, email or pick up the phone and call a friend or a family member
- Keep hydrated! Drink plenty of water. Add mint, cucumber or lemon to make it more interesting
- Look up cute pictures of baby animals – always good for making me smile!
BONUS IDEA – come up with your own list of ideas to Find the Good Everyday. Include the activities that uplift you and make you happier.
If you have any Quick, Free or Easy ideas to Find the Good Everyday I’d love to hear from you. And if you try any of these ones and they work for you let me know!