Today I want to share a peek at my inspiration wall…
My inspiration wall is actually the door of my bedroom wardrobe (which is built into the wall). I can see it everyday and try to change it up regularly to keep my interest.
I absolutely love looking at my inspiration wall everyday. It’s a reminder of my goals and keeps me motivated. I’m always on the lookout to collect or make new and inspiring additions.
What’s on my Inspiration Wall
At the moment my inspiration wall has the following (from left to right, top to bottom):
- pink postcard with a Roald Dahl quote – “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
- collage of words that I created as part of my Vein of Gold work – turning my weaknesses into strengths.
- collage I created as part of my work with The Artist’s Way last year. It’s a vision of my life as a bestselling author. It includes images of my own writing room, books and a dog to keep my company.
- card I got from a Birchbox with a F Scott Fitzgerald quote -“You don’t write because you want to say something. You write because you have something to say.”
- picture of younger me to remind me to nurture my inner child – a message that comes up often in The Artist’s Way, Vein of Gold and my mentoring group.
- Julia Cameron quote I painted with watercolours as part of The Artist’s Way -“Treating myself like a precious object will make me strong.”
- little motivational sign I made years ago and used to be by our front door in our house in Wellington. It says “Be Awesome Today.”
- list of 20 Things I Would Like to Have Manifest in my Life – this was an early exercise in Vein of Gold and I try to read it over regularly.
- My rainbow poster displaying my Core Desired Feelings which are: Magical, Spark, Nourishment, Connection and Peace.
- list of habits that help me to Find the Good Everyday.
- poster I made recently displaying images and words I associate with Gaia (Mother Earth). I see Gaia as the ultimate sign of strength and creation.
Other Ideas for my Inspiration Wall
- Previously I’ve displayed other collages I’ve made. I made some as part of The Artist’s Way and also one for our summer holiday last year (a holiday mood board).
- I really want to make a poster to display my values (which are Balance, Understanding, Integrity, Love and Diligence).
- I’ve done a ‘wheel of life’ type exercise with my local mentoring group and I’m keen to display that. It shows goals in 6 different areas of my life.
- I want to create some art for OPEN – my word of the year...I’d love a neon Open sign!
- I need to make sure my top 3 goals for this year are clearly displayed.
Do you have an Inspiration Wall? Or use collages or vision boards or have any motivational signs?