I’m in the last year of my 30’s! And I am working on my 39 Before 40 Project.
Today I want to share the list with you.
This isn’t the first time I’ve had a project or list of activities to complete between one birthday and the next…
- I’ve just finished up 38 Things Aged 38 (here’s the original list and the final report).
- The year before I did 37 Things Aged 37.
- And I’ve also shared a retrospective post from my first go at a project like this – that was 27 Things Aged 27.
So let’s see what I have planned before my 40th! Depending on the state of the world some of these activities may need to be amended. But here’s the starting list…
My 39 Before 40 Project
- Blog 25 times
- Release 3 FTGE (Find The Good Everyday) paid for products
- Mindset Training
- 39 Soundtrack
- Document Christmas
- Sewing with Stretch course
- Take Reggie on “holiday”
- Go to Skye
- Ride a Horse
- Visit Norfolk
- Plan an epic 40th
- Spa Day
- Day in the Life
- Take a creative course/class
- Instagram growth – reach 1k and grow my community
- Europe city break
- Grow the FTGE newsletter and mailing list
- Visit Bury St Edmunds/Suffolk
- Reach my Find Your Happy Sales Target (please consider buying a copy!)
- Be Published and Paid
- Submit the kiddo’s high school application
- Family Movie Night with a Theme
- A Me Day for Whatever I like (follow my nose!)
- Do some work on the house
- Solstice and Equinox adventures
- Find fun ways to use glass jars
- Host a Crafternoon to raise money for Mind
- Food bank donations
- Share my RA story
- Read Untamed
- Monthly RAKs – big and small
- Try dairy free (for a week? Or month?)
- Bring back a meat-free-day each week
- Review this list monthly and make plans
- Aim for 30+ rejections and learn from them
- NLP Training Taster
- Be a guest blogger/tutor/speaker
- Make Hot Chocolate bombs with the kiddo
- Get kiddo ready for high school (uniform/kit, equipment etc)
What This Project Means to Me
As I’ve talked about before – the purpose of this list/project isn’t to give me more stuff to do. It’s to plan some fun activities as well as ones that can improve my life. And to document it all along the way. Having a project like this can make life feel more meaningful and whimsical. And I will amend and update the list as necessary as the year goes on.
It’s 6 weeks since my birthday and I’m pleased to report some of these activities have already been completed or are in progress.
I’ll be sure to provide updates as the year goes on! If you don’t already – follow me on Instagram where I can be found most often online.