I turned 40 recently which means it’s time for a new project!
So what is my 40 for 40 Project?
It’s a list of 40 things I want to do while I’m 40. This isn’t my first time doing this project… and I’ve shared a few of them on this blog:
- 37 Things Aged 37
- 38 Things
- 39 Before 40
- And I’ve also shared my original go at this project – 27 things aged 27!
I have a year to try and complete all 40 of these things. This year has some repeats of favourite activities (like my annual soundtrack, seasonal celebrations and a random me-day!) and some new ones too. A lot of sewing made the list this year. And lots of fun.
I’ve already made a start and ticked a couple of things off! (Can you guess which ones?).
And here it is – my 40 for 40 List
- Reiki training
- 40 Soundtrack
- Sew myself some clothes
- Sew the rainbow quilt
- Try stand up paddle-boarding
- Something fun with the kiddo
- Something fun with the husband
- Afternoon tea with my friend Sarah
- Try and escape room
- Learn to say “um” less when speaking
- Keep track of everything I read
- Family holiday with Reggie
- Family Trip Overseas
- 40 x Strength and Resistance Workouts
- 40 x Yoga practices
- Try another NRAS course or similar
- Visit Saffron Walden
- Make the sewing with stretch dress
- Wild/open water swimming
- Watch 12 new to me movies or TV shows
- Read 40 books
- More mindset training
- Visit Scotland
- Random me-day trip/adventure
- Seasonal celebrations – mark each season
- Ride my bike
- Host a workshop
- Go to London
- Visit Kent
- Day or Week in the Life
- The elusive Spa Day
- Take a creative class
- Organise all my craft supplies
- Finish my sentence-a-day journal
- Sewing Club – finish silver level
- Sewing Club – Gold level
- Write a letter to 50 year old Katie
- Try hot stones reflexology
- Get a facial
I’m sure I’ll post an update here at some point and I will also share some of these things as I do them over on Instagram.
Have you ever done anything like this? What would be on your list?