I’m posting something a little different today – my list of 27 things aged 27. I recently turned 37 and got swept up in a little nostalgia (very common for me!). I thought back 10 years to 27 which was a memorable age for me…
Setting the scene – at 27
- I was engaged to my now-husband and planning our wedding.
- It was the year before getting married, falling pregnant and having a baby.
- I lived in a town called Palmerston North on the North Island of New Zealand.
- I worked full time at a gap year organisation and travelled all over New Zealand with my job.
- We had a gorgeous dog called Rhett and loved exploring the local area with him.
- I’d recently taught myself (with the help of a friend and the internet) to crochet.
- I was blogging sporadically, a keen scrapbooker and carried my camera everywhere with me.
- Loved reading blogs and had a crazy subscription count in Google Reader (I really miss Google Reader!).
- I decided to come up with a list of 27 things I wanted to do aged 27 – I thought about it long and hard and put together a project book to keep track of my progress.
It really does feel like my 27 things aged 27 was my Find the Good Everyday project at that point in my life. So I thought it would be fun to share the list here.
I am currently writing a 37 things aged 37 list and will probably be sharing that with you soon!
27 things aged 27
1. Buy a wedding dress
2. Write my 2nd 50k novel
3. Paint something ceramic
4. Scrapbook (at least) 27 photos
5. Read (at least) 27 books
6. Get to 70kg or less
Still working on this!
7. Spend a day watching movies
8. Try out a spray/fake tan
Completed since (for the wedding)
9. Curl/colour my hair
10. Write a letter to my future self
11. Take 365 photos (at least 1 each day)
Done. In 2018 I’ve been taking a video clip every day!
12. Walk Rhett (at least) 52 times
13. Make tiramisu
14. Eat (at least) 365 pieces of fruit
Crazy to think I didn’t manage it! I do now.
15. Be a good Samaritan
16. Write a poem
17. Choose 1 song per month for my 27 compilation album
Done – I need to track down this playlist!
18. Read a classic
19. Blog (at least) 52 times
20. Kiss fiance (at least) 3 x 365 times (1,095)
21. Lay on the warm grass & make up stories from the cloud ‘pictures’
22. Incorporate rainbows into my life
23. Document my time with my fiance ready to celebrate 10 years together
24. Moisturise my overworked hands every single day
25. Vote (after careful consideration) for Prime Minister
26. Develop & maintain a sensible house cleaning routine
Ha ha still incomplete!
27. Choose a wedding ring & an inscription
It’s fascinating looking back at this list – it’s a way of remembering who I was back then. I love the whimsy of some of the items. Some things have stayed the same (my love of rainbows, creative projects and books to name a few) and others have changed considerably.
I tried similar projects in years that followed but never with as much success as this list of 27 things aged 27. I hope that 10 years later I will be just as successful with 37 things!
Have you ever come up with a list like this? If so I’d love to hear more about it. And what would be on your list currently?