Today I want to share some Summer Bucket List Ideas with you.
What is a Summer Bucket List?
It’s a list of activities to do over the Summer season.
Some people have life-long Bucket Lists (a list of things to do before they kick the bucket.) There’s even a film starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman called The Bucket List.
I love creating seasonal bucket lists – they help me to make the most of the season and to celebrate what’s unique about each one.
We usually display ours somewhere the whole family can see it. This reminds us of what we want to do and gives us ideas when we’re stuck for ideas.
So onto the ideas…
Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Make a Summer plan (draw up or use a calendar, mark out any plans you already have and then start filling in gaps with your Bucket List items)
- Have a picnic
- Visit the beach/seaside
- Go camping
- Eat in-season produce
- Try tie-dye
- Water balloon/gun fight
- Get (or give yourself) a pedicure
- Meet friends at a park or garden
- Go on a bike ride
- Make summer themed cocktails and/or mocktails
- Play mini golf
- Watch the sunrise or sunset
- Have a barbecue
- Make a Summer fruit salad
- Go swimming
- Take a walk in a shady spot
- Create a summer playlist
- Go out for ice-cream
- Collect seashells and sea glass
- Try a new summer activity like stand up paddle boarding or surfing
- Visit some stately gardens (they usually have a great cafe for a meal/cake!)
- Make ice lollies
- Read a book set in Summer
- Make some summer themed art
Make the most of Summer
There are even more Summer Activities suggested in my LOVE SUMMER guided journal which you can purchase from my Etsy shop.
I’ve created the journal to help you make the most of the Summer season and as well as creating your Summer Bucket List it will help you to:
- think about goals and intentions for the Summer
- plan out fun summer activities
- create a summer happy list – of all the things you love about Summer
- come up with a self care plan for Summer (including a list of Summer specific self care activities)
- make a Summer playlist (there’s even a Find the Good Everyday Love Summer playlist)
- capture and document your Summer memories
The journal comes with a Summer themed self care kit. You can read more about the LOVE SUMMER journal and self care kit and buy your own here.
For other seasonal activity ideas and buckets lists – take a look at these posts:
What’s on your Summer Bucket List this year?