Wow – it’s already time for a Week in the Life: Friday edition. This week seems to have gone by fast!
Week in the Life: Friday 15th May
Theme for the Day – Friday Fun & Frolics!
Weather – Sunny – High of 17 – Low of 5
Wake up – 8.30am
Breakfast – Coco Pops, strawberries & an apple
Lunch – Fish finger roll with homemade aioli, gherkin and lettuce plus cucumber sticks and some tortilla chips on the side
Dinner – Quiche, baby potatoes and salad
Snacks – rice cake, Pringles for the Quiz
What happened – Morning
- Yet another slow start – that seems to be the theme of the week!
- Downstairs to feed everyone
- Sorting video clips from Thursday to post on IG
- Posting Thursday’s blog
- Starting home learning with a Body Coach workout – we did a 5 minute warm up then a 15 minute workout
- Hubby took the doggo out while we were exercising
- Had a go at the Friday Maths Challenge on BBC Bitesize – the final 2 questions required all family members working together!
- Kiddo declared himself having an off-day early on and it was a struggle to get him to focus – glad that the weekend is close now
- After some work ran a bath for the kiddo with some Epsom salts and little bath bombs
- Wrote my morning pages at 12.15pm while the kiddo was in the bath
- Sorted lunch
What happened – Afternoon/Evening
- I printed out the ‘Coronavirus from a Kids Perspective‘ questionnaire and got the kiddo to complete it – this will go in the scrapbook album
- Got on with chores – washing up and laundry while the kiddo carried on with school work
- Got dressed in clothes that weren’t pyjamas or active wear and even put some make-up on!
- Headed to the pharmacy on foot to pick up a prescription. Waited 20 minutes in a queue
- I used the waiting time to start organising photos to be printed for my WITL scrapbook album
- Popped to the little supermarket for milk that I couldn’t get at LIDLs and some marshmallows for a recipe we want to try
- Husband headed off for a run when I got back
- The doggo, the kiddo and I went for a walk to find the swans – we were not disappointed!
- Watched, with a decent sized socially-distant crowd, as one baby swan was abandoned in the nest while the others swam away…
- …and breathed a sigh of relief when the family were re-united
- Home for dinner
- Time for one of the favourite parts of our lockdown week – a music quiz with hubby’s running club via Zoom
- Danced and sang our way through to a respectable score of 149 (no idea what that was out of!)
- Let the dog out and off to bed
I am grateful for –
- Organising my photos from Monday to Thursday ready to print
- Friday Night Music Quiz with hubby’s running club
- Seeing the baby swans with the kiddo and the doggo
No. of steps – 9,079 – the quiz dancing definitely helps!
Bedtime – it was nearly 11pm but I couldn’t sleep so read until around midnight
Notes & Observations about the WITL project –
- It was good to make a start on organising the scrapbook element of this project today.
- A lovely friend on Instagram reminded me that the Project Life app has a mosaic function to get multiple images on 6 x 4 prints.
- I will make up mosaics for each day and then order the prints early next week.
- Over the weekend I am hoping to get some of the stories in the paper album.
And that was a Week in the Life: Friday edition. On to the weekend…
I have completed previous Week in the Life and Day in the Life projects. You can see more posts like this here.