It’s the weekend and time for sharing Week in the Life: Saturday. We are in the final stretch now. I hope you’ve enjoyed this glimpse into a week of our life!
Week in the Life: Saturday 16th May
Theme for the Day – Family Day
Weather – Partly Cloudy – High of 16 – Low of 5
Wake up – 6.30am to let the dog out then 10am! (That’s late even for me!)
Breakfast – Home baked Pain au Chocolate (from a tin) with apple, strawberry and blueberries
Lunch – The usual picnic plate. Today withy mini scotch eggs, chicken tender things, ham, cheese, veggies and pickles
Dinner – Burger with cheese, gherkin and burger sauce in brioche bun with a massive salad – it was delicious!
Snacks – We had a go at making Rice Krispie Marshmallow squares and tried them
What happened – Morning
- Heard the dog clatter down the stairs at 6.30am so followed him down to let him out
- Went back to bed and the next thing I knew it was 10am!
- Hubby won many points for bringing me breakfast in bed! The kiddo and doggo came up for a chat too!
- I worked on some Secret Squirrel plans for a certain someone’s upcoming birthday
- And edited Friday’s video snippets for my IG stories
- Came downstairs to find the boys playing Minecraft. I got a tour of their pier complete with roller-coaster, amusement arcades, bar and food stalls! My favourite part was the rainbow floor in the amusement arcade!
- Got Friday’s blog post finished and published
- Put together a playlist for a potential guest quiz round
- Had a later lunch – around 1.45pm after the late start
What happened – Afternoon/Evening
- Had a go at making Rice Krispie Marshmallow Squares – the marshmallow took a while to melt
- Headed out for an hour-long family walk – heading up to see the swans again and then beyond
- Home to try the marshmallow squares – not as good as Mars Bar Slice but a nice treat
- I prepped dinner while hubby tackled the washing up
- After dinner the kiddo brought out his electronic kit and the boys had a play with that and then a board game
- I watched the latest episode of the Sewing Bee and marvelled at the sewing skills
- Listened to hubby read some Terry Pratchett to the kiddo
- Organised photos for this project
- Had a go at the Normal People series that seems to be doing the rounds – watched 2 and a bit episodes
- Took the dog out about 10.05pm and it took him until almost 10.30pm to finish his business! Luckily my phone had a tiny bit of charge left so I read a Kindle book outside while I waited!
- Headed up to bed
I am grateful for –
- A long family walk in the afternoon
- Lazy, chilled weekend days
- Burgers for dinner – a family favourite
No. of steps – 7,240
Bedtime – About 10.50pm I think
Notes & Observations about the WITL project –
- I’m taking less photos each day but that’s okay. I still feel like I’m capturing the flavour of life right now
- Eager to get the project finished and have a scrapbook completed!
Week in the Life: Saturday – DONE! Only one more day to go…
I have completed previous Week in the Life and Day in the Life projects. You can see more posts like this here.