Welcome to a Week in the Life: Thursday edition. Today I am sharing photos and stories from yesterday.
You can see the rest of the week here:
Monday – Tuesday – Wednesday
Week in the Life: Thursday 14th May
Theme for the Day – Visiting Nanny!
Weather – Partly Cloudy – High of 12 – Low of 1
Wake up – 3am (kiddo had a nosebleed!) then a restless sleep until around 8am
Breakfast – Greek yoghurt, strawberries & pear (yay for fresh fruit!) and the last dollop of Tiptree Salted Caramel spread (whatever will I do tomorrow?!)
Lunch – A roll with ham, cheese and piccalily, cucumber sticks, tortilla chips and a piece of mars slice
Dinner – Lamb shank in mint gravy with kumara (sweet potato), carrot and brocolli
Snacks – Rice Cakes and a sneaky Twirl
What happened – Morning
- After writing my morning pages I updated my video clips from yesterday
- Then downstairs for brekkie and finishing Wednesday’s blog
- Started school work with Maths
- Tried a new Joe Wickes workout – the kiddo lasted for most of it and moved onto spellings while I finished
- Break time – we sorted out laundry – folding up dry stuff and hanging up the dogs blankets that had been washed
- I took the doggo out for a walk. We saw a dead rat and the swans were back at their nest today with 3 cygnets (yay! When we didn’t see them for a couple of days I was getting worried)
- Home to see how the kiddo had got on with online work then he looked up a Cookie Jar Alarm as electricity is a current topic
- I time-lapsed making lunch which was fun
What happened – Afternoon/Evening
- Hubby came downstairs for lunch. We chatted and I caught up on Formula 1 news (side note – we are both big fans and have missed not watching it this year. There’s been a lot of announcements of team/driver changes happening this week ready for 2021)
- Kiddo wrote up details of the Cookie Jar Alarm and did some reading while I grabbed a shower
- A neighbour knocked on the door about arranging to have the windows cleaned. Had a quick chat with her and then the prospective window cleaner (from a distance!)
- The kiddo and I headed out in the car. This was the first time the kiddo had been in the car since mid May!
- We went to my Mum’s. She’s currently isolating for 12 weeks so we made plans to visit on a decent day so we could chat to her from the garden
- Felt really emotional that this was the first time my son and mum had seen each other in person since early March!
- Headed home when the sun went in and it got chilly
- Worked on this blog post and then dinner while the boys x-boxed (it’s become part of the routine during lockdown – a symbol that the working day is done!)
- Ate dinner then watched a little bit of Taskmaster then the boys took the dog out
- I caught up on some What’s App conversations and sent some replies
- Banged our drum and rang our cowbell for the NHS (this has been happening weekly at 8pm on a Thursday. Quite a few from our street come out and we can hear the neighbouring streets too)
- Video-called our friends to make a team for the Virtual Pub Quiz
- Cracked open a Malibu cocktail in a tin (and on a school night! Shocking!)
- Got a very respectable score of 40/50
- Time to get everyone to bed
I am grateful for –
- The excitement and delight of my Mum and son seeing each other after 2 months
- A fun Joe Wickes workout this morning which gave me lots of energy to get through the day
- The Quiz with our friends
No. of steps – 7,901
Bedtime – 9.50pm
Notes & Observations about the WITL project –
- Note to self – I want to capture some facts and news about the pandemic and lockdown rules to add to the scrapbook
- Love documenting things like the swans and waiting to see the baby cygnets (which usually happens each year since we’ve lived near the river)
So that was a peek into my Week in the Life: Thursday. Back with Friday soon!
I have completed previous Week in the Life and Day in the Life projects. You can see more posts like this here.
Don’t forget to visit me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.