It’s time to share some photos and stories from a Week in the Life: Wednesday.
In this post I’m sharing what happened on Wednesday…
Week in the Life: Wednesday 13th May
Theme for the Day – Taking it Slowly
Weather – Mostly Cloudy – High of 12 – Low of 2
Wake up – Properly at around 8.15am but a few wake up’s due to husband, dog and child before then
Breakfast – Same as yesterday (my breakfasts and lunches tend to stay quite similar) Greek yoghurt, apple slices and a dollop of Tiptree Salted Caramel spread
Lunch – Poached egg, bacon, hash brown and some sourdough toast
Dinner – Fresh pasta, garlic bread and broccolli
Snacks – Mars Bar Slice
What happened – Morning
- A decent sleep last night – yay! But a slow start. I heard the dog, the husband and the kiddo get up but dozed a little longer
- The husband’s work day started early with calls starting at 7am
- Once the first batch of calls were done – the husband headed out for a run
- I wrote my morning pages then headed downstairs to grab breakfast then tidied the kitchen
- We got started with school work – maths, spellings and reading plus replying to messages on the school system
- I managed to get Tuesday’s post finished and published at break time
- Some more school work – some of which involved the dog stepping all over the times table practice we were doing!
- Starting to prep lunch so hubby had time to eat between lunchtime calls
What happened – Afternoon/Evening
- I got dressed after lunch (Yes, I spent all morning in my pyjamas! – a definite benefit of lockdown)
- Laid on the bed and contemplated life for a while until the dog decided enough was enough
- I took the dog for a walk – let him lead the way again. It was very windy and there were lots of leaves & branches down along by the river
- I collated a shopping list as we were running low on fresh foods like fruit, vegetables, bread etc
- Found out I won a Body Shop voucher in my lovely friends raffle and had a quick look at the catalogue to see what I’d like
- Finally stopped procrastinating and went to LIDL (local supermarket)
- Surprised to find NO queue at LIDL – it was reasonably quiet once I was inside
- Sighed every time someone got too close
- Managed to pick up nearly everything on the list/that we needed
- Realised once I got home and we’d put everything away that I’d taken no photos of the whole shopping experience! Oooops!
- Headed upstairs to chill out & work on this post while the boys played the xbox
- Time for dinner
- Then the weekly excitement of putting the bins out! – The boys did it this week and then walked the dog
- I watched the end of a Call the Midwife I started a few days ago
- Kiddo went to bed and we watched the final episode of series 1 of Race Across the World – absolutely loved it and would recommend!
- Let the dog out one last time and then up to bed
I am grateful for –
- No queue to get into LIDL
- Winning the Body Shop voucher
- Being able to take it slowly when I need to
No. of steps – 4,419
Bedtime – 10.15pm
Notes & Observations about the WITL project –
- 3 days in and I’m reminded why I love this project. As well as being able to document life right now it also provides me with an alternative lens to look at our daily life. I am able to see things that have changed over time.
- So disappointed to miss out on photos from shopping and capturing the social distancing aspect of life right now but I was focused on getting in and out as efficiently as I could!
I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my Week in the Life: Wednesday. Tomorrow I’ll be over half way!
I have completed previous Week in the Life and Day in the Life projects. You can see more posts like this here.