Today I thought it was time to answer the question: what does Find the Good Everyday mean?
It’s a phrase that I came up with several years ago when I wanted to start a new blog. I thought of all the things I wanted to share and tried to work out the common theme. At the time I was keen to talk about my journalling practices (such as Morning Pages and keeping a Gratitude Journal), the benefits of my daily yoga practice and how we celebrated the seasons throughout the year. I tried to work out what all of these things had in common. And I realised that it was all about seeking ways to feel happier in everyday life.
With my shiny new logo I thought I’d create a video breaking down the name Find the Good Everyday and what each part means to me. You can see the 16 second clip below:
In case you can’t read my handwriting (!) I’ve typed the lists below:
- Focus on
- Living by values
- Being a good human
- (not separated for a reason!)
- in everyday life
- part of the routine
- regular life
- daily life – not just once in a while
I’ve realised over these last couple of years – while working on the blog – that Finding the Good Everyday is something that evolves over time. Part of it is being open to new ways to bring joy to everyday life. And also learning to let the things go that no longer work.
What does Find the Good Everyday mean to YOU?
- Why not think about what Finding the Good Everyday means to you right now?
- What are you doing in your everyday life to bring more joy to your life?
- What would you like to be doing to bring more happiness into your everyday?
If you’re stuck for ideas I have a couple of suggestions for you:
- Take a look at my 30 day series – Find the Good in 30 Days. Pick one idea to try today or this week and see if it helps you find more joy!
- Sign up for the Find the Good Everyday newsletter. You will receive a printable workbook to help you Find the Good Everyday plus I create monthly freebies to help you continue to do so. Examples of past freebies have been a Self Care Brainstorm, Happy List templates and a Mid Year Review Journalling Worksheet.